VJ software for Ubuntu. Software for live improvisation, manipulation and jamming video and effects.
This is a beta release of my hobby software and although much is working there are still parts of the application that are being worked on.
- FX Plugin stack for every slot/bus/screen
- AuxFX and Hot Cues, on the fly store and restore states
- Tape loops hot record / playback actions and sequences
- Multiple Video Inputs
- Audio Responsive to drive FX parameters
- Midi In/Out mapping (with custom integration for the AKAI APC40Mk2)
- Video editor allowing different Takes from a single imported source
- Record output as new library item, and mix it back in
- Library Management, Bus & AuxFX Patchs, FX snapshots
- Single and Dual output configurations
Currently working on: FXstack Snapshot options
You will need to mark the file to run as an executable, 'right' click on the IQSynth file and select 'Properties', click on the 'Permissions' tab, 'tick' Allow executing file as program, and close the dialog. You should now be able to double click on IQSynth to start it.
IQSynth checks for a number of critical prerequisites during start-up and will inform you on the splash screen if any are missing and require installing. On the first successful start-up a 'iQSynth' folder will be added to your home folder.
The interface has 4 main sections (working from top to bottom).
- Screens and Buses previews
- The Bus Racks
- Slot details and their FXStack
- Library, management, tools and Cue Rack
Import a video clip
- Click on the 'Clips' tab in the management section
- At the bottom of this panel, click on the 'Import New Items' button
- Use the file browser to locate a clip on your machine (suggest using a short video clip to start with)
- Click on 'Select File', this will bring up the importing window
- Click the 'Import listed items' button, and watch the import status, press the 'Finished' button when it appears
There will now be a thumbnail from the video in the management area.
Play the video
Drag and drop the thumbnail to the preview area in the Slot section. This is the blue area directly above the thumbnail.
A larger preview will appear in this area and a small preview will appear in the Trigger section.
Press the play button that appears or the 'q' key on the keyboard to start play back.
More details can be found in the Manual.
IQSynth Credits here.
System requirements, latest release notes, etc... can be found in the knowledge base, and be sure to revisit for the latest version as updates are released regularly.
Examples & Showcase
Composed & produced by Eastern Fear Ritual. Video produced using IQSynth. The video is the result of a couple of sessions experimenting and then a live video jocky.
Sub-Orbital Emotion composed & produced by Michael Owen, video session by IQSynth. First recording of live video jam after a few sessions design and practice.